Wobbel Board - Original with Clear Lacquer
Some interesting Wobbel facts
- Suitable for children and adults of all ages from 0+
- Made in Belgium, CE certified and safety tested to European and Australian standards.
- Several Layers of quality European FSC beech wood are pressed under high pressure to form the curve and take weight up to 200 kg.
- Eko felt base is made from wool and water based paints in Italy. It is completely natural and free from synthetic chemicals.
- Finished with water-based translucent lacquer.
- ca. 88 cm length.
- ca. 95 cm length along the curve.
- ca. 30 cm width.
- ca. 21 cm height.
- ca. 1.8 cm thick.
- ca. 4.5 kilos heavy.
The story of the Wobbel
The Wobbel is a beautiful and robust redesign of a traditional Steiner (Waldorf) balance board. The simple design inspires creative play in children while helping them reach key developmental milestones.
The Wobbel stimulates balance and strength during play and use.
When using it as a training device, specific muscle groups can be isolated, while other exercises train big muscle groups. This goes for (young) children, adults and even the elderly.
Next to its development capabilities the Wobbel is inspiring because of its impressive but undefined curved shape. This shape stimulates creativity which makes it, like a Barbapappa, everything a child imagines.
Peace and quiet
In our own experience the Wobbel works like a magnet on children. Not only for exuberant and playful games (together as well), but also for quiet moments and individual play.
The Wobbel is because of its shape and looks the only toy that doesn’t need to be put away after playing with it. It looks great in every living room. It is designed for indoor use, but can be used outside with sufficient care.
Children are open minded and keep finding new uses for the Wobbel. It’s an ideal step in for example the kitchen, so children can wash their own hands without help and bake cookies of course.